I love all the “no makeup” and reduced makeup looks we’re seeing right now. I especially love wearing little to no makeup in the Texas humidity! Sweat and heavy makeup is NEVER a good combo. The fact is…if you’re going to go with less coverage, then the quality of your skin needs to be the best it can. We’ve discovered some really great products that plump, reduce pore size, even skin tone and add just a hint of natural color.
1. Glotrition Collagen Peptide Drink Mix. Yes, we are biased towards our own products, but it is absolutely imperative to feed and hydrate your skin from the inside, period. If you’re not starting your regimen with this, you’ll never get the sort of flawless skin results you’re looking for. The collagen peptides in our mix plump, strengthen and reduce those fine lines that Summer inevitably delivered.
2. Glotrition Age-Defying Serum. This is not only a mega-moisturizer, but it boosts elastin, evens skin tone and reduces pore size. It also delivers a really nice matte finish so you skin glows without an oily look. Use it evening and morning under makeup.
3.St. Tropez Self Tan Luxe Facial Oil. Add this to your skincare regimen morning and/or night. It adds a natural, gradual tan look while delivering skin-loving antioxidants. No more pasty, sickly looking winter skin!
4. Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe. Ok, once you get past the sticker shock ($175/ 2 oz.) you will totally see why I switched out my heavier Le Mer foundation for this amazing lightweight product. I use Shade 2, as my skin has a little yellow undertone. The color is beautiful and there is just the right amount of shimmer to achieve that Jlo glow! Retinol and SPF 18 make this one a winner. Really though…it won a Neiman Marcus Beauty Award!
5. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. When you’re doing a more natural look, try ditching the blush for bronzer and highlighter instead. I like this one because there’s not as much glitter to it. It delivers a really natural healthy glow when applied correctly (stay tuned for future posts about what correctly means!)
6. Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Bel Air. Besides bronzer, great skin really only needs a dash of lip color and a swipe of mascara. I’m in love with these liquid lipsticks by Ofra. Specifically this color, Bel Air. It’s matte coverage with just enough satin that it doesn’t feel chalky. This color is very peachy pink natural.
7. Benefit “They’re Real” Lengthening Mascara. So, I used to be a slave to eyelash extensions. I tried falsies that frustrated me to no end, I have also used Latisse which I just don’t have the patience for. Enter They’re Real Mascara by Benefit. I’ll never use anything else. My itty bitty lashes look long and full with just a few swipes.
I hope these recommendations work for you too! Here’s to au natural with just a little cheating. 🙂